It’s the start of my favourite season of the year, summer! There are several reasons why I like the summer – the weather, I was born in the summer, people are happier & friendlier and of course most importantly – the summer fashion. It’s also the time over year where we tend to be our busiest either travelling or out being sociable as we enjoy the warmer temperatures.
Personally, I prefer the summer fashion, out of all the other seasons’ fashion. Summer fashion is full of bold & bright colours and patterns, plus I don’t have to wear a coat or jacket (I call that a win win). It is also the time of year where I look and feel my best and I am sure it’s the same for many others too.
Although, the temperatures are still to get warmer, this is the best time to buy your summer clothes. As the stores and e-shops are full of the new summer trends, to have to get you ready for summer and sorted for that upcoming summer holiday you may have.
There are some new key trends for the summer 19, that I am just loving!
- The neon colours were big earlier in the year, and that love of the neon is still is going strong and going into the summer season.
- Tie-dye is back and its back with a vengeance! From bold neon colours to tonal colours, it’s everywhere and will certainly be the ‘must have’ style worn come festival season.
- Broderie is back, for me I not sure it ever really went out, but there seems to be an explosion of it in the stores and e-shops, in dresses, tops and shorts – which is great as I love it and looks fabulous in the sun.
- The milkmaid and puff sleeves have made a return and although I was initially unsure about this trend, as a big boobed woman myself, actually both looks are cute on. It’s effortless styling while still looking absolutely gorgeous.
- The slogan t-shirts are always in, but it seems to be the type of slogan like ‘Out of Office’, ‘Vacay’, ‘Vacation’ etc or empowering slogans like ‘You Got This’ and ‘Yes You Can’ that are trending. Perhaps, it’s because we all need that reminder as we now live in a world where we are accessible to all, all the time, and in need of motivating slogans telling us, we are enough just the way we are.
- Utility style clothing is another 90s trend that has being popping up. From trousers to shirts to jackets and everything in between, not just in stone but in some fun colourful shades too.
- It’s not just jeans, shorts and jackets that come in denim. This season everything seems to be in denim and as a fan of denim myself I am loving it!
Of course, the classic summer fashion styles will always be around like the maxi dresses, the bardot neck lines and (my fave) the shirt dress, but they have been given a 2019 update. There is so much out there, I believe it’s a great time to do your summer fashion shop, so on and get shopping!
Pink Oversived Utility Dress Click Here
Polka Dot Floral Ruffle Co-Ord Click Here
Blue Tie Dye Shirt Dress Click Here
Gingham Corset Top Click Here
Stripe Bardot Dress Click Here
White Lips Printed Crop T-Shirt Click Here
Light Wash Super Ripped Denim Shorts Click Here
Purple Zebra Print One Sleeve Dress (Similar) Click Here
Broderie Top (Similar) Click Here
Mini Trench Dress Click Here
Red Polka Dot Wrap Front Tea Dress Click Here
Schiffley Button Front Bardot Top Click Here
Falmer Schiffley Frill Shorts Click Here
Denim Bardot Button Front Dress Click Here
Rainbow Tie-Dye Slinky Dress Click Here
Out Of Office Slogan Top Click Here
Denim Shorts Click Here
Blue Button Detail Denim Dress Click Here
Off The Shoulder Lemon Print Dress Click Here
A special thank you to – Boohoo, Just Fab, Matalan and Missguided for the gifting of the clothes featured.